Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I'll be there for you...


Something big happened yesterday. We got some more friends. And when I say friends, I mean F*R*I*E*N*D*S. Season 6 and7 in the mail. You see, Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler and Mon are Holly and I's best friends on earth. We spend several hours a week with all six of them, know intimate details of their lives, and pretty much know what they will say before they say it. I have known them almost as long as I have known Brandon Carter- and that is a long time. Friends started when I was 13 and ended when I was 23. Those are formative years. Who I am, sadly, is partly due to these guys.
I know this is not normal. I know that this is more than mildly pathetic. But , truthfully, I dont really care. At this moment, I am watching Joey get used to living with Elle MacPherson, Ross has reaaally white teeth, and Pheebs just made out with kenny the copy guy because she thought he was Ralph Lauren.
Are we alone here? WIll I be watching these DVDs when I am 50? I mean, these episodes are becoming the background of Holly and I's home life. Its always on. This is worse than Brandon and I with Billy Madison, our freshman year. I dont think my parents felt this way about Cheers, I mean, they loved Cheers, but they didnt know which shirt Sam wore in the final episode. There is just something about these six people who I grew up with... I love them. We love them. Are you with me, or am I as gay as Chanandler Bong?

9 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I freaking love friends. On our first date (and subsequent dates after that) we watched Friends and it has always held a special place in my heart. I really felt like I grew up with them. It doesn't matter to me that I may have seen an episode 62 times, I will still watch it because IT'S THAT GOOD.

Now all I have to watch (besides the re-runs) is King of Queens... which, while I can identify with it because I'm newly married, I still yearn for the days of leather pants and hairless cats.

Long live Friends.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

I love Friends too, my sister though is thoroughly obessesed with it. I wish I could watch it more often, but it seems that Brandon is burned out on it after Nici made him watch it constantly while he was trying to find a job here. So sad!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger bscarter said...

Yeah, little tired of Friends. They're just all so beautiful. Give me Seinfeld, where the writing is better and the people look more normal.

Why did you guys buy the DVDs? You should just get cable - where Friends is on somewhere, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Its grasp is inescapable.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger The Future said...

Lame.

I like friends sometimes, but whew. Not like some people!

Seinfeld & X-Files here.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger The Future said...

Not that you're lame, TJ.

Except maybe when you wrote Inspiration. Ok, guess that was Ripp. He's lame! Although I do like it at times. Guess I'm lame... at times.

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger bscarter said...

Inspiration? Seriously? Zurg, you're a lame, lame man. At work and in play.

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

the correct spelling is "Philippines" :-)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Josh said...

Sometimes when Layne & I fast we watch Friends instead. Just kidding, I hope that was not sacrelegious...and I hope anonymouse doesn't correkt my spelingg eether. :)

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger bscarter said...

Clearly, anonymous' mom went to college.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home