Monday, March 21, 2005

Home Alone

Being in Nashville alone is sooo much worse than being on the road alone. Dante and I are booorred. I forget how much that I really dont do here in nashville. Aside from the occasional sub-job and church- i think Holly and I must just sit around all the time. Since she left on Friday, I think the only times i have been off the couch have been to go fishing, get up and get my guitar, go to the library, and take the dog out.
Oh, and we did go to the part yesterday to sniff around. I basically felt bad for Dante because he just sits around and looks at the door, just sure that Holly will come through any minute. So I took him out and just let him lead me for a while, sniffing at every blade of grass at this little park by our house. I am always puzzled why the smell of other dogs poop is so fascinating to him. I mean, he goes Sherlock on it- sniffing from every angle and position... upwind, downwind, and I pull him away just before he ventures that little tongue out to taste... gross. Thats the one thing I would not like about being a dog. Well, that and the food- ive tasted his dogfood and it's not gourmet, I dont care what the bag says.
Anyway- back to being lonely. We have three TV stations at our house. Three. One of them is PBS. So... two, really.
Although, I watched a documentary on Elvis and his gospel roots- and one on Appalacian music... so I guess I got my tax money out of it this weekend.
The dishes are kind of scary. Im sure the sink was empty when I left- and I could not have used all the dishes that are in there now. Someone is eating on all my plates. You know when the sink is so full of dishes that you cant figure out how to start washing them? Im past that point.
ANd the house? I forgot what a slob I am. And Dante- there is so much hair... i cant believe how much he loses- I would have thought he would be naked by now.
Also- since i am married and have a "perma-friend", I have forgotten how few other friends I have in nashville. There is Donnie- who is very busy, good for him. There is Blake Howard, who also is curiously busy... and the guys from our lifegroup. I went fishing and watched boxing with Jon Essner- caught a few... but Im convinced that I am a bad luck charm... He usually catches tons of fish, but everytime I go with him- we catch like three. Im trying to think- do I have any other single friends in town? Caroline... but Im not looking to hang out with a bunch of girls.
I guess what it all boils down to - what I really want is for my closest, prettiest, sexiest friend to come back soon. (No brandon and Jarod- Im not talking about you guys.) Im glad that she is there- (she is having a blast, by the way- she says hi) but I dont like me without her. Thats about it.

12 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger mattr_pinson said...

I feel you TJ. Stay strong. On the dishes, are you to the point where you think it would be easier to get new dishes rather than clean what you have?

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger LoriLoo310 said...

How much does anyone want to bet that nothing will get cleaned until the night Holly gets home? Had the same experience myself.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so this will be the most random comment of the day, but I thought you should know that you have some disappointed friends in Memphis. Me and Jenny R. thought that you would be playing tonight because it said you would on your website. We dropped by to say hello... but no TJ...sniff sniff. So, let us know when you are supposed to be here!
~Kristi Cooke

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger bscarter said...

My name was mentioned first Jared!

As to what pinson said, TJ has a history of that. Clean the undies? no way, walmart sells them for like $3 a pack. Sheets? Same thing, and you can just add a layer to the ones already on the bed.

Ahh, freshman year.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Ummm--I take issue with the fact that you weren't referring to me. Come on.

Hope to see you this weekend.

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Check your damn email or voice mail!

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Check your damn email or voice mail!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger john alan turner said...

TJ,
It was good to talk Wednesday evening -- sorry I was so distracted and "out of it". It's been quite a week. I'm looking forward to the retreat and will be in touch soon about the Saturday night portion. In the meantime, feel free to drop by my blog.

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, uh, your computer broken?

-Your adoring fans

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... WHERE'S THE FREAKIN UPDATE?!?!?

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You there, TJ?

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did TJ die? Should someone go check on him?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home