Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Gua-te-ma-love

Being back home is good. I have been around for the last few days- trying to meet with people and get the CD into some important ears... no huge progress yet, but we shall see. The week is not over yet. I did have some good news, though- Oklahoma Christian wants to bring me in next week- Im pumped about that- been trying to get that going for a while, now.
And last, but not least... Holly is going to Guatemala this week.
Yesterday one of the ministers in charge of missions came to her and asked if she wanted to go- they had an extra ticket and needed a translator. All expenses paid- just show up and speak in tongues. She is really excited- this is her passion- it would be like me getting a call to open up for James Taylor next week. (he called but I had some other stuff going on...)
The tables are now turned. Instead of me being the one running all over the world having fun and living crazy (like thats what I do)- she is now the globetrotter, leaving me home to watch the dog and keep the house decently clean. I have to say Im a little sad, mostly because when she gets back it will be time for me to leave again... but Im really excited for her to go and have this experience. She has worked so hard to help support my dreams and ambitions, Im pumped that she has the chance to go and reconnect with hers. Plus, Ill drive to OC next week and maybe stick around a few days in Tulsa or Dallas, depending on how the rest of the week shakes out.
Im having coffee in the morning with Zane Williams- if you havent heard him- you need to- He is one of my true heroes and an amazing artist. He is coming out with a new CD in the next few months that was produced by Mitch Dane ( Waterdeep, Jarsof Clay, Bebo Norman) and im sure it will be kickin. check him out at www.zanesadventure.com
Also tomorrow- Im meeting with Michael Blanton- He is one of the biggest guys in Christian Music- manages the careers of MW Smith and Amy Grant- Bebo Norman, and tons of others... also has a billion connections- im not sure what to expect from him- he hasnt heard the CD yet, but has been interested in me in the past, even if not as an artist. Pretty sure I'm going to get a "best wishes" and "lots of luck"... but you never know, I guess. In any case, he is a great guy who has been really kind to me through some of this madness. You guys be praying for me there- Im pretty nervous about this one!
Talk to you later- TJ

3 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger christine pinson said...

we'll be praying for your meeting tomorrow TJ...and, "keep the house decently clean"...that's a leap of faith for holly, huh?! just kidding, we love you and pray each day that God will open the door for you to share your music with even more people...and what a cool opportunity for holly...we'll be praying for her trip as well...love ya!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger bscarter said...

Stay positive, bra. Be confident, act like you own the place. Then go out and celebrate St. Pat's like you were Irish.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Josh said...

zane williams..yep, i went to see him with you at athat cofffee house in tulsa...still have his cd and listen to it often. go get 'em...when you are famous in the phillippines and norway, don't forget me :) keep on keepin' on....fuller

 

Post a Comment

<< Home