Friday, February 18, 2005

A Busy Day in Tulsa

Today was busy. Kind of.
Chapel show at 8am,
Jenks TV show at 10:30,
lunch meeting with Don Millican (he financed the album) at 12:00pm,
visit to my Gparents at 2:00,
and stealing chairs from my church at 4:00.
Then-
dinner with the 'rents at 6:00
and a screening of "Collateral" - again, w/ the parents.

The Chapel show went well- lots of cute kids who might just go buy a CD and come to the show tomorrow.
The Jenks show went good- I really had no idea there was a live audience- a "cousin" of mine set it up. I say "cousin" because he is actually the stepson of holly's 2nd or 3rd cousin. Seventh grade- definitely a fan- he is really a good kid and set this up with his teachers. We emailed back and forth for a month- now he has my cell #- calls me twice a day to talk about online RPGs... cracks me up. Got to figure out how to keep him from calling so much.

The lunch meeting w. Don went great- He is a great man who has a heart for using rescouces for God. He has been blessed financially and for one reason or another- decided to bless me. We are close to paying off the CD- he really could care less if we do or not- just excited to be involved. He really encourages me that God uses us in so many ways- we cant all be a hand, or an eye, or a wallet in the Body of Christ- but God will surely use us for His glory if we give ourselves to his will.

My grandparents- really getting old. Love 'em but they are slipping. Spent an hour or so teaching them how to use their new cell phones. They invited the whole Seniors group from thier church to the show- they say everyone will be there... Not sure i want the AARP sitting on the front rows of this televised concert... Maybe we rope off the first two rows.

We decided we might need more chairs for the show tomorrow- steal them from the House of God. Dad and I loaded them up - then he locked his keys in the truck. Now we know where i get it... An hour later- AAA showed up and spent twenty seconds pooping the lock. Scary its that easy.

Dinner was good- ran into an old buddy and his new fiancee- Josh Fugate. Good to see him and remember some middle school memories. Watching

Watching "Collateral" with my mom- yeah... maybe theres a better way to watch that movie. Tried to reason that the violence in this movie is no worse than flocks of birds pecking people to death in the Birds... she didnt buy it.

Concert tomorrow- be praying for me- i am nervous about this one... TV cameras and all...

2 Comments:

At 6:41 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Collateral is a lot like The Birds - in fact, Tom Cruise's hair style is the same. When you get nervous, just remmeber what we used to say before the curtain went up - "if all esle fails, show them..." You know the rest.

I heart girls.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Josh said...

How did you get links up on your blog main page? email me, woudl ya?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home