Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Leaving Sucks

So this morning I left a soft, warm bed with a beautiful woman in it (yes, my wife, Holly) to drive thousands of miles into nasty weather and be gone for over three weeks. I have to say, I am as unhappy to leave as I have ever been. I am glad for the shows and excited for the opportunity to sell Cds and sing about the Lord, but this one is hard. We had thought that we would be traveling together by now- the more we did this we realized it would take longer than that to get there. It is hard to do something that you know that you are supposed to be doing, and also leave the person you know that you are supposed to be with. My prayer right now is that the month is unusually short and that the joy of doing what I know I am most effective doing outweighs the sadness of being in South Dakota on Valentine's Day. Ugh.
The CD is selling well and getting good reviews, there are several people who are actively helping me to get it into the hands of "important" people, and I have had a great two months at home during the Holidays. I just still have this feeling that I can be doing this better- more effectively. That maybe shows outside of my "fanbase areas" arent helping, but hurting my growth. We have both decided that we see so many doors opening rather than closing, and until that changes, we will do this as best we can. Im just wondering what that will look like. In any case, I still believe that God is blessing this CD and that he is using it in some cool ways. Im still humbled and honored to be a part of that- Im not down about the way things are going- Im just trying to be honest and take a hard look at the truths and how this can be even better than it is. Thanks yall for your support and love- Keep praying for me and that God would open and close doors- and give me eyes to see them! Love yall- TJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home