Friday, February 11, 2005

God is Smarter than Me

I really have trouble believing that God has it all under control. There are times that I am just sure that something cant happen- something that I need or really want. I stew and stew about it, try and make something happen- force it- and then when I fail or give up, God hands it over with not much problem at all.
I was sure that no one would come to the Searcy show. I really hadnt promoted it at all and only had a few flyers up.
I get there and expect a few people at a little coffee house off the campus- and I walk in to see about three hundred and fifty kids packed into this place waiting for me to get there an hour before I started playing. It was great. I really had a blast playing and telling stories all night long. There were several people I knew there- kids who had gone to the Dominican and kids from Park Plaza... it was a great start to this tour. The night before that had been good too- at Central Methodist. I expected an empty room and I got thirty eager students who all bought CDs. One of these days I guess i might trust that God has a plan and that I can only prepare myself as best I can.
Today i am in Russelville, AR and I am playing at Arkansas Tech. I played the lunch hour and it was ok- basically a good time to practice- no one really listens at lunch- but tonight I am playing in the same place for a group of students who I think will be excited for me to be there- There are at least three crazy blondes who are pumped that I am here. They kind of follow me around Arkansas. I have to say Im kind of flattered.
I have decided to catalog the good things that have happened in the last month. I think it will help me see what God is doing when it is harder to recognize. There are times when I feel down about this stuff- like im wasting my time. But it is these things that fall into my path that keep me convinced that Im still doing the right thing. The list- tomorrow. for now- ill go and play a show and try to sing and talk and act out the story of God in my life.

2 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger mattr_pinson said...

stick with it TJ, I don't believe I am biased when I say there are big things are around the corner for you. Tell Holly to hang in there to. We miss you guys.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Kate said...

TJ,
You are so talented! Your new CD is Brandon's and my new favorite..we listen to it constantly, and it takes me back to days sitting in Andrew's living room or Josh's back porch listening to you play and singing along. I hope you enjoy the tour and seeing the ways God will reveal Himself to you and through you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home