Friday, January 07, 2005

2004 wrapup

2004 has been an amazing year. I can't even imagine a year so full of suprises and blessings to come. I dont know why i allow myself to expect the worst- it seems that rarely ever is the truth. This last year has been beautiful beyond any of my own expectations, and yet here at the start of another- I really do have these nagging suspicions that it is all going to end- that I am not doing as much good as I hope, that I really need to rely on myself to get the important stuff done. When will I stop being so stiff-necked and rely on God? When will I trust that God is in control and I dont have to pretend to be? In so many ways, I doubt that God either will or can take care of my life, my work, my heart. But if anything is true, it is that everytime I pick up the reins and try to steer the ship- we run aground. My NewYears Resolution- my NewLife Resolution is to let go. To give God what is God's - everything. Can i do it? Can I trust a God who has given me everything? Can i leave my own life at his feet and trust him to protect me- to lead me- to love me like He has promised? Let's hope so.

3 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger mattr_pinson said...

I know what you mean. I have a tendancy to rely soly on myself especially when things get hard. I think if I can just get focused, I can get everything sorted out until it is just totally out of control. 2005 has got great things in store. We miss you guys!

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

without God, you can do nothing!!

wazzup TJ! cool how all of a sudden i ran across all these blogs from acu. how all is going well! you got some kind of touring schedule? i may be in the area...

anyways, heres my blog if your interested. www.jeremiahlee.blogspot.com

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Danny Sims said...

Hey man... Hope to have you in Fort Worth this Spring... Everyone loved you here last Summer... I love the three dots... We might be doing something with Shawn McDonald... Not final yet... Maybe you can come?

BTW, check me out at www.simsdanny.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home