Thursday, February 17, 2005

Back from DUrant

Back from the Durant show- it was good, but not well attended. Alas, yet another college show. Hard to do with no campus support, really. But- they treated me nice and I got paid- which is more than some, for sure. As I left they gave me a goodie bag full of fruit and cokes and chips and a honkin' sixfoot turkey sub wrapped in cellophane. At 10:00pm. Who am I- Joey Tribiani? I thanked them and threw most of it away- The turkey sub? Ate part of it for breakfast on the way home this morning.
Got up at 5am to drive back- had to make a chapel appearance in Broken Arrow by 9:00am. Snoozed until 5:45 -then booked it with my Turkey sub back to Tulsa. The chapel was fun- about 125 mid- to high schoolers at a private christian school. Led a little worship and then played the Christian cuts off the album. Sold ten Cds or so- went well- hoping these kids will come to the Saturday show.
Ok- the Saturday show should be really cool. We met with the production team that is doing the filming this morning and everything looks really professional. I am pumped about it- they will have four cameras taping and one of them will be on the fly- one of those crane deals... Im excited. Should be great video footage and they think that it might get international coverage on this Christian network- could be cool... not exactly NBC- but cool.
Tonight- hang with the Fam. Possibly get together with my Arch-nemesis Ripperger... just kidding- He's going to sign the contract I gave him so that i am no longer legally, financially, or otherwise liable for anything he does as StephenSpeaks. Whew. In return I give him the rights to the name and the old album... probably not the smartest business move, but it feels good to get it all over with. He's got no reason to post hate messages about me anymore- and I have no reason to wonder if he is screwing me when its in his best interest. It sounds like he has really grown up lately- me too, for that matter. I hope he does well- even if I don't think its a good move for him to use the name StephenSpeaks.
Well- enough talk- i gotta take a nap. see yall soon.

4 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Shea said...

Hi TJ,
What a small world! I recently found your blog through a link on Christine Pinson's blog. We are so proud of you and Holly. Jon and I went to your website the other day and listened to some of your new stuff (and some of our old favs- especially "out of my league"...love it!) And yes we will be purchasing the new cd. (And who ever is reading this Purchase TJs cd if you haven't already... support talented artists!) Anyway, we went to your site, there is so much great stuff. Jonathan and I are keeping you at the top of our list for the upcoming projects we are working on (one of Jon's screenplays for a short film just got picked up) to plug your music. Again we are so proud of the both of you. I know you are traveling a lot these days, and its so hard to be apart from you beautiful wife, but I keep you guys in my prayers ---and know without a doubt--- all of this will pay off in the end. Stay Strong and know that our God can do incomprehensible things!

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Teaj, what a great way to keep up with all my boys!!! You are Joshua deserve to be whipped for moving so far away from your mothers!! But we are SO VERY PROUD of you!! Love you, Dinah

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger The Future said...

I don't know how you found my blog, but man, it's on now! I might have to bust out a few old TJ stories for the world to hear. Then again, you have a few on me as well, so I might want to rethink that.

Oh, and have Holly tell Melissa to get me the new TJ CD. You win, I win, I see nothing wrong with that!

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wanna get in line for that cd too. sweet! who are these punks that don't come to your show? it baffles me! we're better than the phillipines!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home